ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load, unload, pick, put away, consolidate, stack, and stage products and materials using a forklift, pallet jack, or other power equipment.
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments and record indirect time in a timely manner.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached.
- Inspect each pallet and/or case for proper quantities, items brands, and lot codes (as applicable) damages, and follow any special instructions on Work Assignment Form and/or additional documentation.
- Communicate problems, concerns, and ideas to management. Identify process improvements.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Participate in all assigned training programs and adhere to all guidelines.
- Perform forklift duties and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers always.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Assist in laydown yard with organization and deliveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a forklift and meet medium level physical exertion requirements, including lifting to 50 pounds frequently.
- Experience in warehouse/distribution center.
- Basic math and reading skills to perform job tasks and complete necessary paperwork
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- We are looking for Forklift Operators who are reliable, punctual, and safety-minded, with a strong work ethic.
- You must also work well as part of a team and be willing to work long hours when necessary.
- It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Applicant should not have any lifting restrictions. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
- 401(k) employer match
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, handicap, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, or religion.