The Fiber Optic Superintendent is responsible for providing on-site coordination of fiber optic cabling installation, modification, and splicing within a telecommunications system. This includes the physical installation of cabling, overseeing the work of others, surveying job sites to determine the best installation practices, coordinating workflow within the unit, acting as company liaison, and providing on-the-job training to other technicians as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule subcontractors to ensure timely completion.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Ensure quality of work by crews.
- Turn in accurate quantities for payment to owner or customer.
- Complete projects on time and under budget.
- Maintain daily written log and plot plans of activities on the job site.
- Lead, direct, train, and supervise foremen and crews.
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities.
- Promote, execute, and adhere to company’s safety program and encourage all employees and subcontractors to adopt safety as culture.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Encourage teamwork.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with hand tools and equipment (e.g., wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, forklifts, saws, etc.)
- Ability to be on-call.
- Certified in company locate policy/procedure.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Some out-of-town travel as required.
- Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 70 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, handicap, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, or religion.