Construction Crew Member
Are you looking for a challenging job in the robust Highway Construction Industry? Then read on because you have an opportunity to work with a respected Electrical Contractor in the Highway Construction Industry!
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record and meet driver’s insurance requirements.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- Ability to work outside under dynamic weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights up to 60 ft.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule (travel, night/weekend work).
- Ability to report directly to job sites within Houston area.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Ability to be a “Team Player” willing to work with others and accept both verbal & written directions from superiors.
- Ability to provide basic hand tools according to list provided at interview.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist with installation of PVC, EMT, and rigid metal conduit.
- Assist with pulling and terminating electrical and communication cable.
- Assist with installation of electrical services.
- Assist with installation of concrete foundations and flatwork.
- Assist with installation of highway lighting systems.
- Assist with installation of electrical underground duct bank and multi-duct systems.
- Assist with installation of lighting, intelligent traffic system, and traffic signal poles.
- Assist with installation of traffic signal systems.
- Assist with installation of highway signing and overhead sign structures.
- Assist with installation of ITS, tollway, and high-tech electrical systems.
- Drive company vehicle to job site.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements
- TxDOT TRF-450 Certification.
- Texas Journeyman Electrician License.
- IMSA Level 2 or greater.
- Electrical construction experience.
- Bucket truck operation experience.
- Mini-Excavator operation experience.
- Trencher operation experience.
- Skid steer operation experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of SE Texas roadways.
- Concrete forming and pouring skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Fiber optic splicing experience.
- Some out-of-town travel as required.
- Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 70 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, handicap, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, or religion.